Monday, November 20, 2006

We Are In Hot Water On Revolution Day!

We Are In Hot Water On Revolution Day!
Actually the title should read, we have hot water on Revolution Day, as we haven't actually gotten into the hot water....yet. Yesterday we needed to go to a tire shop and it just happens that the tire shop is right beside the shop of the fellow who was supposed to be building the stand for, and installing the hot water tank. He was working outside and came over to chat with us. He said that he would be over to do it and asked Roy if he would take the list and go and get the supplies that were needed. We had been on our way for breakfast; but decided if there was even a remote chance to get the tank hooked up, we would cancel our breakfast. We returned home and then Roy and Ciro went to the plumbing shop for the necessary supplies. We then sat and waited and waited and waited. I went and had my siesta, Roy got antsy. We were sitting outside after dinner, it was already dark and up pulls our plumber. Ciro brought up an extra light and he started work; but was missing a drill bit so had to go home for that. He returned and did what he could; but had forgotten to put a few things on the list. It was now hooked up to the gas; but not the water as they hadn't gotten the flex hoses to connect the tank to the water supply. He packed up his stuff and said that he would return at 9 AM in the morning, go to the store and get the hoses and finish the job. We weren't to sure if he would come as today is Revolution Day and is a holiday. He arrived this morning at 9:30 AM, he and Roy went and picked up the hoses and he finished the job. WE NOW HAVE HOT WATER!!! Ciro and Irene were doing some painting and we were all laughing about needing the hot water now. I told Irene it was a good thing to have as Roy was getting a little "aromatic" already, she thought that was pretty funny.
The hot water tank set up (before the flex hoses were on).
As soon as the plumber left and we made sure the water was getting hot, we left for the parade uptown. We arrived at the parade around 10:30 and watched it until it finished around noon. It was colorful and fun to watch, lots of children in their school colors, bands, teams, etc..
Lots of color.
Some of the colorful costumes in the parade.
I got a laugh out of these two little boys having such a serious conversation, while waiting for their turn to move on, in the parade. Discussing world affairs, I am sure.
This little girl and boy looked wonderful; but as I am short and there were soooo many people in front of me, I didn't get a very good shot of them.

I love the expression on the one twins face, as her sister tells her something. They were having a great time.

We walked through the Plaza de Tres Presidentes, where there were lots of people, and some drink and toy vendors. We wandered over to the water for awhile and watched the fish jumping until we got too hot, so we decided to go and sit in the 13 de Julio Park in the shade.
Church by the 13 de Julio park.
13 de Julio Parque. (July 13 Park)
We did some pigeon and people watching, stopped for a nice, cold coke and then headed home to relax. There will probably be some things going on later, so we may head back uptown later this evening. I am sure there will be some fireworks.
I have been searching for some music of Sonora, etc. on the computer. I had found the National Anthem of Mexico and of course La Barca de Guaymas (quite famous here) by Linda Ronstadt. I had forgotten the name of the song for Sonora, so I asked Ciro last night. He told me and then also wrote down some other ones that are about Sonora. I found quite a few of them last night and then today he told me of a couple more that he thought of, so I want to look them up also. There are quite a few.

1 comment:

Gary said...

I love Mexican parks. They seem much more inviting than the perks here in Houston.