Back on the road and onto the next town. A couple of the sights along the way.
As always click on the photos to view them larger or hit Control and the photo.
I laughed when we saw these guys just a heading down the road.
The road improved somewhat and then there was this.
We finally arrived at the junction where our "highway", and I use that term very loosely, intersected with the highway that most people travel, from Hermosillo. It was now only 47 km. to Yecora and the road although it was still one windy, hairpin turn after another was very good. Lovely pavement without potholes. What a joy! It was still slow travelling and took over an hour to drive the 47 kms. because of the terrain; but at least we were not bouncing all over.
We arrived at Yecora, which was our destination for the night. We found a motel room and checked in. I never did take a photo of the motel; but it was just a plain building, nothing special. Hotel Sendero, decent room 400 pesos for the night.
We then needed to find some lunch and kind of stopped at the first place we saw.
Food was edible; but nothing special. They didn't have any Coke, only Pepsi, so they sent the young boy to buy a couple for us to have with our meal.
After filling our bellies we wandered around the town to see what there was to see.
The Plaza is pretty new, having been re-done in 2010 for the big Bicentennial of Independence celebrations.
Kiosk.
No trees; but lots of shade. Not my kind of plaza; I prefer big, old trees and fountains; but then I don't live there.
Old adobe.
Local fruit and veggie prices.
We had a light snack in a place at the far corner of the building on the left. The ladies son was watching an animated movie with his friend on a couch in the same room and he was full of questions. Every time he thought we needed something he jumped up and got it for us, even if we really didn't need it. He noticed I was watching the movie also while we waited and he got up and turned up the sound. He asked if I liked it and I told him yes, that Roy doesn't let me watch movies like that. He looked at Roy as if to say what is wrong with you that you don't like these shows. Too funny. After we were done eating we called him over and gave him a little tip, told him that he was the best waiter in all of Yecora. He just beamed.
The next day after a good sleep we were off again on the bottom loop of our tour and headed towards the old mining town of San Javier.
Wednesday, April 30, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment