Wednesday, November 14, 2012

CHILIS AND ON THE ROAD IN SONORA, MEXICO

These are the last of our photos of our little trip in one tiny portion of our home state of Sonora, Mexico.

There are lots of interesting things to see in Sonora and so much history here; even though the majority of travelers pass it over as being desert and therefore boring.  How little they realize.

Most of the highway scenery photos were taken from the car window as we were driving as the road is twisty and curvy and there are very few areas where you can pull out and stop.

As you can see by many of the photos it is obviously chili harvest time.  Amazing to see all the strings hung along the fences, etc..  Lots of tasty food to come.


4 comments:

Gloria said...

Very nice video. I've never used Google video. That's a lot of chili, how exciting. There's a ristra hanging in my kitchen. Sonora is where my Grandparents lived before they crossed over into Arizona. That's a nice drive. Thank you for sharing.

Brenda Maas said...

Thanks Gloria. Ah RISTRAS, I couldn't remember the right word for them, thanks again.
You should come and visit us here to see where your grandparents came from.
Have a great day.

Shannon said...

Brenda, thanks for sharing your holiday with all of us. I've never been to Sonora and have really enjoyed the whole "travelogue". I thought the scenery was spectacular, and can't imagine anyone thinking of it as boring. I've never seen so many chilis in one place in my life.

Brenda Maas said...

Thanks Shannon, glad you enjoyed it. It was still nice and green from the rains, so was really pretty.
I have never seen that many chilis in one place either lol. I thought I saw a lot in New Mexico, USA; but nothing to compare to this.

On any of the travel forums, they usually will saw that northern Mexico in general is best seen by flying over it rapidly to get to somewhere interesting.
Needless to say I don't agree; but then my idea of a nice holiday is not an all inclusive with a tour or two of some ruins lol. Oh well, to each their own.
Have a good weekend.