Monday, September 03, 2012

Another Party

Yesterday we went to yet another party, I think this is the fourth one since the 15 th of August.

This party was to celebrate the baptism day and first birthday of our neighbours grandson.
 
It was held at the Navy Club on the other side of the bay from us, in the area known as Las Playitas.  We had never been to this building before for a party; although we had driven by the place at other times on our first sight seeing days at the beginning of our stay here.

It is a very large building with a palapa style roof out of metal with walls mostly made of up large screened windows.  The whole building has a large patio all the way around it, a small pool for the children, a large area where they had the blow up jumping things, kitchen area, washroom area, large parking area, yard area,etc..

Inside the building is a large central area which is raised from the seating area and is used for dancing, this is where they had the gift tables set up.

On one side of the seating area a Mariachi band called Oro y Plata, (gold and silver) had set up and was playing.

People were seated all around the central raised dancing area and also outside on the patio all around the building.

We had gotten a lovely rain the night before and it was hot and HUMID, we first sat inside with our landlords family; but it was just too hot so we went outside and leaned against the railing and I took some photos of the area.  As it was in the afternoon the sun was in the west so it made it difficult to get some good shots in that direction.

Pretty soon the rest of the people from our inside table came outside to join us and we sat there for the rest of the time.

We finally were just to hot and sweaty and came home, the temperature when we got home was still at a "feels like" of 42 Celsius, which is around 106 or 107 Fahrenheit, so call us wimps if you want.  I think the humidity was at about 75%.



4 comments:

Shannon said...

Brenda, I loved the slide show, it was wonderful. What a great venue for a party too, except I can't imagine a worse thing to put on top of a building in that climate than a metal roof!
I don't know how you deal with that kind of heat and humidity. I think that would kill me.

Brenda Maas said...

Thanks Shannon.
It is a lovely place; but I agree with the roof; but it is more durable than a real palapa. It is quite large also so I imagine the logistics to build it out of this material were easier.
Your blood kinds of thins out and you become acclimatized to an extent. At this time of the year I begin to shiver at 27 C.. I know I almost froze to death in summer in Canada the last couple of years when I was up there, the family thought it was hilarious to see me shaking uncontrollably when it hit 26 or 27 C.. They were all running around in shorts at that temp.. Brrrrrr.
The one week up there that it was 30 C. and over I finally took my jacket off and was finally comfy and they were just dying from the heat.
In winter here it can get pretty chilly and our bodies change again and then I am perspiring at 27 C.. Strange how our bodies adapt to our climate.
Everyone here complains about the heat and humidity in the summer not just us foreigners. It becomes like living in a sauna for a couple of months.
We are much more comfortable inside now since we bought a dehumidifier to use in the summer months.

diverdoug said...

I just love those hot, sweaty days AND nights in Guaymas Brenda! Well, not really but I was so relieved that if Canadians can get used to it, Californians should also. I just bought our tickets for Dec! Yeah, we'll see you between 12/13 & 1/3. Watching for more photos! - Doug/Edna

Brenda Maas said...

Hey Doug/Edna. The hot, sweaty days and nights are an acquired taste lol.

By the time you guys get here in Dec. it will be cold, for here; but perhaps warmer than California.

How are you getting here? Flying into Hermosillo?