Sunday, August 26, 2012

Party, Party, Party

I am getting behind on my party postings, they have been coming thick and fast.  Since we attended Diegos birthday party on the 15 th, I/we have been to a couple more parties.

The first one after Diegos was a baby shower for the daughter in law of the fellow who is building and renovating for the landlord and his sons.  Luis has done work for them for years and although he does not live here in Guaymas, (he lives in Obregon), he spends a good part of his year here.  He works everyday for 2 or 3 weeks and then goes home for awhile or onto another job and then returns when he is ready to work here again.  His son has also worked here at times and we have gotten to know Luis' family over the years as his wife comes to visit with some of the grandchildren at times.

So, here are a few fotos of the baby shower held for Luis' sons lady.















The special lady.


One of Luis' grandchildren.  She was very intrigued with the camera and had to see the fotos as they were taken.  Her facial expressions were priceless!














Our landladys birthday is on Aug. 27 th.  Yesterday her daughter in law came up to inform us that she was throwing a surprise party for her in the evening as she knew that her mother and father in law were going to a friends house for a visit for that ladies birthday.
I was happy to have the car so that I could make a FAST trip uptown for a gift!
Everyone sat around visiting on the patio waiting for them to return home, a phone call was received that they were on their way so the lights were put out and everyone attempted to be quiet.  Needless to say she was surprised to see the lights come on and Las Mananitas, (the birthday song) being belted out by many of her friends.  Nice to see how pleased she was.
Snacks were served and then later dinner of barbacoa, refried beans, macaroni salad, tortillas, followed by empanadas, rice pudding and  cake.  A nice evening.  I didn't take too many photos as I was too busy eating and listening to the conversations around me.





The guest of honour arrives.


2 comments:

Steve Cotton said...

I have always enjoyed your interaction with neighbors. And I wish I had more of that myself. But I guess you have to stay in town to get to know people.

Brenda Maas said...

Steve: I think it helps that our apt. is basically just an addition to their home, (built right onto the side of their house)so we are right there. Easier to get to know people like that.
Also yes, staying put in one spot for so many years has kind of made us a part of the neighbourhood or as much as we will ever be I guess. We, as foreigners will never be totally assimilated IMHO.
I think that part of it is that women are more social than men often also, if it was left up to Roy we would probably almost never socialize, he is even more solitary a person than I am lol.
We ladies tend to share new recipes, fotos, etc.; whereas men don't do that sort of thing as much maybe.
Quien sabe ja ja