Lots of the members already know each other; but some don't and I know almost none of them. They decided that we should have a group get together, kind of a meet and greet over food and drinks. One lady had a place large enough outdoors to accommodate a group and offered to cook for the group. Everyone took something and yesterday was party day.
The place was great, lots of room for seating, kids play area, bathroom, cooking facilities, etc., great location.
The food was excellent, I forgot to take pictures of it believe it or not.
I don't think I have ever seen that many cameras in one place and no matter where you turned there was one pointed at you.
A good time was had by all I think or so it seemed.
The place.
Part of the cooking area.
Kids playing.
A small portion of the group.
Some of the scenery.

6 comments:
If I could stay in Melaque long enough, I would enjoy similar gatherings. But I guess that is the consequence of my travel choices. One day.
Steve, yes maybe one day when you settle down lol, if that ever happens.
Gatherings like this certainly give the Spanish a work out that is for sure.
So easy now that you no longer need stuff like darkrooms and enlargers, chemicals and photo paper. Hard to imagine working in a hot cramped darkroom anymore!
I am a little envious.
Tancho, funny but Roy and I were just talking about how much easier and cheaper it is now than even just a few years ago.
I was never involved in the developing end of things; but it is certainly cheaper now that I don't have to pay for the film and developing.
The quality has changed so much also. I had what was a pretty decent 35 mm. camera and the quality of the shots are pretty poor in comparison to the fotos from this camera which is a pretty cheap one.
It is nice to find a group of people that you have something in common with.
Brenda, this looks like so much fun.I so miss this kind of get together that we used to go to in Patzcuaro. We really haven't met very may people here in San Miguel so far but I'm sure that will come.
Hi Shannon, yes we had a good time.
I am sure you will meet more people as time goes on, it takes a while in a new place.
Hope you are enjoying your new home.
Post a Comment