I have been busy playing around with my pastels, going to class and just generally hanging out doing not much at all.
We both decided that we weren't in the Carnaval mood this year and therefore did not attend anything involved with it, so no pictures of it this year.
I am pleased with the picture I am doing in class, so far it is turning out OK. I haven't taken any pictures of it as yet, am going to try and remember to take the camera to class today as I want to show Roy how it is progressing. I am not going to post it on here until it is finished though.
I am mostly done the initial drawing of what I am going to do next in class, just need to have another look at it with fresh eyes and see if I need to change anything before I set it aside until I am ready for it in class.
I am supposed to be working on a picture of a friends dog, Frank. He wants a full body picture; but only in an 8 x 10 size. It is a big dog and I am not pleased with it and so have been dragging my feet on that one. I did finally finish it the other day though and then last night I started a bigger one of him; but this time of only his head. I am feeling better about this one and will send him both when they get finished.
Here's a couple of pictures of the small finished Frank and the larger in progress Frank.
![]() |
| Small finished Frank. |
| Larger version in progress. |
| A closer view of in progress Frank. |


8 comments:
Very cute, how a great dane can be cute is beyond me but he is very cute.He is a great dane isn't he? or is he a dobie? Without a size reference it's hard to tell.
I think small paintings harder, you have to convey so much in such a small space. I haven't tried any animals, it just seems too hard for now.
Theresa: actually he is a Doberman. Yes, that small one was awful, hard to do such a big black dog in such a small space everything just looks black. It seems that the fixative also darkens all the colours which doesn't help either.
I like doing animals and really have almost no interest in doing people; although I do want to try to do one of my new granddaughter. Animals are time consuming as it is hair by hair and they have lots of hair/fur lol.
You sure do it hair by hair. What awesome paintings Brenda. You really capture their faces. The doberman is pretty big. My uncle once had a dobie and I sure was afraid of it. Great job!! Have a great Friday and weekend.
I love your animal pictures in pastel. You have real talent. As you point out hair is especially hard to do. I don't know if you are doing any for money but I would certainly pay for one. I have a cat I would love to have a drawing of. Since you live in Mexico I know this probably isn't possible. Jan in Mississippi
Gorgeous, Brenda!
Hi Gloria, yes he is a big dog or he looks like it from the pictures. I actually have never met him. He is the dog of a friend in Canada.
Barb: Thanks so much.
Jan: Actually this picture of the Doberman is for a friend in Canada and I have never met the dog. I am doing him only from a picture sent to me by his owner.
You can email me if you would like to discuss your cat. My email is:
greenmaasacres AT msn DOT com .
With each and every piece you get better and better.
Very nice work, Brenda. I especially love the Frank nose.
Thank you very much Breez. The owner of Frank also said he really liked the nose and I am fairly happy with it.
Have a good day.
Post a Comment