Thursday, March 24, 2011

Franks Picture Is Finished, Maybe

I think I am finished with my friends pastel painting of his dog Frank.  I emailed him a picture of it and he says he likes it, so I am considering it done.  I may or may not take it with me to class today to show it to my teacher.  Not sure about that yet.

So, here is the photo that I used of Frank for reference:

Photo of Frank.























My rendition of Frank in chalk pastels.














10 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Wow Brenda, you do excellent work. The details are all there and the same with the same expression. Very nice, I applaud you. It looks completed to me. Thanks for sharing. I'm amazed!

Brenda Maas said...

Thanks so much Gloria, it is always nice to get feedback; especially such nice feedback !!
Have a great day.

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

Hi Brenda - I especially like the way you captured the slight curves in Frank's pointy ears. GOOD JOB!!

Brenda Maas said...

Thank you Cynthia. It sounds like you guys have a full house suddenly. Enjoy them.

Anonymous said...

You are really, really good.

-- Felipe

Brenda Maas said...

Thank you very much Felipe.

Barb said...

Another masterpiece, Brenda.

Brenda Maas said...

Thanks Barb.

Theresa in Mèrida said...

Excellent! That photo looked hard to work from, all that reflected light. He looks better and more alive in your rendering!

regards,
Theresa

Brenda Maas said...

Thanks Theresa, yes it was a tough photo to go by because of the way the light was on his eyes.
His owner likes the painting though and that is what matters.
Hope you are feeling better.