Thursday, February 17, 2011

Zoe

Last night I finally decided that I was finished with the picture of my sisters dog Zoe, actually I was kind of sick of it to be honest.  I just couldn't seem to get the shape of her head or the portion of her body that shows quite right; but quit.  I hope the next one goes better it is a picture of a friends Doberman dog, Frank.
So here it is, it is done in chalk pastels.

ZOE

















Class this afternoon so nothing much else going on with me.

5 comments:

Theresa in Mèrida said...

I understand the sick of it part. Sometimes you just get tired of looked at something and what ever you do makes worse (or at least you think so). If I didn't see the photo I would say it's perfect,so don't show people that photo!!! LOL.

regards,
Theresa

Brenda Maas said...

Theresa that is exactly it, just seems to get worse and worse lol. I took it to class last night and got some tips from my teacher so will try and fix it a bit.
He said when I get frustrated to just put it aside and do something else; the problem is I am stubborn and keep trying to fix it and that doesn't usually work lol.
Oh well, back to the drawing board lol.

1st Mate said...

I don't know why, but the eyes look human. It's their shape, or the shape of the brow or something. It's funny how just a stroke or two can change something in a portrait so radically.

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

I am sooooo impressed. That is great!!

Brenda Maas said...

Thank you Linda.