Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Day To Day Happenings

Weekend over it was time to begin a new week by heading over to San Carlos to the Monday morning art class.

I will have some of my paintings for sale at a show/sale at El Mar Restaurant in San Carlos this weekend, so if you are from around here stop by have brunch at the restaurant if you are hungry and at the same time have a look at the various artists work that will exhibited.

Art class over, I headed for some groceries and then home and did some baking.  Deep freeze is beginning to fill up I am happy to say.

Tuesday dawned sunny,breezy and chilly. I went downtown to pay some bills and then to Spanish class.  Class finished we headed for an early lunch as some of our friends are headed back to Canada tomorrow.  A tasty lunch of seafood and then home for their pup to have a farewell visit with Roy before they headed back to their house.

I have been having some pain in one of my teeth for a while now and finally yesterday I found I could no longer chew on that side of my mouth without awful pain so made a dentist appt. when I got home.

This morning very windy and cold again, heavy coat weather for sure.  Off to do some more errands and then to the dentist.  He found I had somehow broken one of my upper molars right in half and so it had to be pulled.  Several shots of Novocaine later and some wiggling and the broken tooth was removed.  Cost 500 pesos or about $39.00 CAD, this dentist is perhaps a bit more expensive than some; but we like his work, he is gentle and does not take any longer doing the work than necessary.  This is a definite plus for someone like me who has a distinct aversion to dentists.

Not sure what the rest of the week will bring; but definitely some painting time in there somewhere.

I finally finished the set of 3 Blue Door paintings, here is a poor photo of the 3 of them together.  All 3 are now for sale either separately or together as a set.

Hope your week is going well.



6 comments:

Steve Cotton said...

I am with you on dentists. I hate visiting. My largest need is to find a dentist who can clean, rather than merely polish, teeth. I am staring to have bouts of gingivitis.

Brenda Maas said...

Steve: I need to have mine cleaned also; but I always put it off. I had a bad dental experience when I was a kid and I think it has stayed with me, even though I can rationalize it now. Our minds never forget some things I guess.

Shannon said...

I also abhor having to go to the dentist. I am very lucky to have strong teeth that rarely need attention from a dentist. My poor hubby, Todd, however is just the opposite. He has, just this week, finished having yet ANOTHER root canal, post and cap.

Love the Blue Doors!

Brenda Maas said...

Shannon, other than a few fillings now and then, mostly replacing old ones from years ago, my teeth are pretty good also.
Roy on the other hand had awful teeth and finally got them pulled and got top and bottom plates.
You would think after going to this dentist for 7 years now and never having had a bad experience or even close to a bad experience that I wouldn't dread it anymore. Old habits dye hard I guess.

Glad you like the doors. Personally I am glad that I have finally finished with the 3 of them lol.

diverdoug said...

Love the your paintings Brenda! I hope you had an enthusiastic crowd of admirers or followers at last Saturday's art sale at El Mar. Wish I had been able to be there. I didn't know you also baked bread! My, my! If your dentist cleans teeth good, let me know. Also, my dear wife's car is still on Mexican Time in a Guaymas repair shop! Keep up the blogs.

Brenda Maas said...

Hi Doug. Thank you, there was a good crowd; but no one really had much for sales. There is not a lot of money floating around here with the expats., the northern economy has seen to that lol.
When I get brave enough to go for a cleaning I will let you know how it goes, I hate having my teeth cleaned, soooooo.
I hope some of the family is checking on the cars progress or it could stay there until your next trip down lol lol.
Yes, I bake bread too, have some torta type buns in the oven right now actually.
Hi to your wife.