Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Art Route During Festival Mar Bermejo

The inauguration of the Art Route for the Festival Mar Bermejo is going to be on Friday the 8 th of July at 6 PM at the Casa de la Cultura.
This year there will be exhibits set up at various places including:  the lobby of the Civic Auditorium - open from 9:00 to 20:00 hrs., in the central patio and also in the gallery room at the Casa de la Cultura - open from 9:00 to 19:00 hrs., the gallery PincelARTE - open from 17:00 to 20:00 hrs. and you can also view the photos from all the past Carnivals in the usual room in the back of the Civic Auditorium which will be open from 9:00 to 20:00 hrs..
The paintings from our last class are supposed to be exhibited in the PincelARTE gallery or this is what I have been told.






















So Alan and I went to our classes yesterday, me to art and him to guitar.  He seemed to enjoy it; but we will see how the 4 day a week thing goes as the month progresses.  He is used to going to school everyday so he should be fine.

We had a nice rain in the night again last night with lots of thunder and lightning.  This morning is cooler and we have the door and windows open which is nice.  At around 9 AM it was only 28 C. with 74 % humidity which made it feel like 31 C. so cooler than it has been, well for us anyway.  It all depends on what you are used to.

Spanish class this morning and some errands and then art class this afternoon.

6 comments:

Silke said...

That sounds just wonderful! I am sure it'll be a great festival - they usually are in Mexico... :-) And how great that your art will be exhibited! You'll have to share photos!! :) Silke

Brenda said...

Silke, yes most festivals here are fun and it will be fun to see my art in a real gallery other than the Casa de la Cultura. I am sure I will take lots of photos.
Thanks for visiting and have a great week.

Steve Cotton said...

For the first time in over two years, I think I can say I have more culture available to me. Of course, I am cheating. I am in San Miguel.

Brenda said...

Steve: I don't think I would call that cheating, I think it is more about looking for and finding the place that calls to you as a person. When you find that place then you will know it.
Have fun.

Gloria said...

How exciting Brenda. You are doing so many things right now. It's good to hear about all your activities and bravo for the art gallery. I'll take some of the thunder, I love thunder. Thanks for the link to The Other Side of the Tortilla of which I'm familiar with the blog but I had not read her post about Frida. I will sometime tomorrow and thanks again. Very thoughtful of you. Enjoy your classes, and the showing at the gallery. Take care.

Brenda said...

HI, yes it is a busy time.
I love the thunder and lightning also, I just love watching it all.
Hope you enjoy the Frida post on that blog.
Have a good week and weekend.