Friday, May 06, 2011

Lucha Libre

A couple of weeks ago we were at the landlords for the landladies sisters birthday party.  Someone, name withheld to protect his identity, brought out a Lucha Libre belt.  He explained that he was now the middle weight champion of the Federacion de Lucha Libre de Baja California.  If I understood him correctly he said that the area covers the Baja Peninsula, and a large portion of the west coast of Mexico and part of California in the USA.  I might have not caught that all right; but it is close anyway.
He modeled his belt for us and I took a couple of rather fuzzy photos.
I blanked out his face to protect his identity.
Kind of interesting if you are into Lucha Libre.














2 comments:

Gloria said...

My husband is into world wrestling something or other...federation I think. He loves that sport I guess it's called. To me it's just a bunch of men strutting their stuff into other men's faces. lol Tee Hee. Sorry I couldn't help that, but it's the way I feel. lol. Take care.

Brenda said...

HI Gloria, well to be honest I agree with you rather than your hubby lol.
I guess it has a big fan base though for some odd reason.
Have a great week.