Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Running Errands

Yesterday I had some errands to do uptown that needed to be done before my afternoon trip uptown for my Spanish lesson..  I wanted to try to catch up with one of the ladies who used to have a small store that sold art supplies.  Quite often she can be found at the Casa de la Cultura as she is very involved with all the things that go on there.  Surprisingly she was there, busy working on a big Calaca for November.  Her store is no longer open; but I did get a few paints from her and some information with more to follow after the weekend, if I manage to catch up with her again.  Forgot to ask her for her telephone number, duh.
Then I went to a paint store, the pharmacy that sells natural medicines, etc. and CFE (the electric company).  These things done I went to a carpentry shop and also to Soriana grocery store before heading home for a couple of hours.

This is the local CFE office and the next picture is of one of the machines where it scans your bar code on the bill, takes the money, gives you change and prints you a receipt.  All without ever leaving your car.  There are 2 of these machines outside, each on its own drive through and more of them inside the office building.  The office closes to the public at 2 PM I believe.


























This is a store where I buy things you don't buy in other stores, craft supplies, wool, ribbons, thread, paints, etc..  If you can't find something anywhere else La Reyna probably has it.  There are several of the type of Miscellaneous stores here; but I prefer this one.













This store carries a lot of plastic goods and has just lately expanded to carry some more decorative items.














This is the view we have when we walk down the hill from the bus stop home.


























8 comments:

Chrissy y Keith said...

ah, I love Guaymas.

Brenda said...

Chrissy: Nice to hear that. I didn't realize that you had spent much time in Guaymas.

Steve Cotton said...

Nice view to start your day.

Brenda said...

Yes it is Steve and just as nice to end the day lol.
Take it easy.

Gloria said...

Well you took care of your errands. I'm still waiting to see what you are going to paint, I look forward to it. Very nice view indeed and thank your for the stroll. Have a great rest of the week.

Brenda said...

Gloria: Thanks we love the view here, which is mostly what I am trying to paint with very little success I am afraid. My paintings are so bad that I am too embarrassed to post pictures of them on the blog.lol
Hope your week is going well also.

Brenda said...

Loved your paintings! I have a question about the price of shrimp. How much does a kilo of shrimp go for. The medium sized like maybe 3 inch shrimp.

Brenda said...

Hi Brenda, thanks.
I'm not really sure as it has been awhile since I have bought any. The last time I bought I paid 80 pesos a kilo (less than $8.00 depending on exchange rate for 2.2 pounds) for about that size, the larger ones were 100 pesos a kilo at that time. As of now I am not certain.