Sunday, May 16, 2010

I Can See Clearly Now

I was having some trouble with my eyes lately and decided it was time for a checkup. I didn't realize that it had been 3 yrs. since my last one. I asked my landlady for a recommendation for an optometrist and she recommended Optica Economica. The one I went to last time was of the same name; but it closed at that location. Anyway I popped in one day to see if I needed to make an appointment for an exam or not and was taken right in. They had a sign in the window stating that for the month of May they have a special on, where you get 20% discount on a complete set of glasses. I only wanted new lenses so didn't ask about it.
It turned out that my prescription had changed quite a bit so I did need new lenses. He showed me that with the discount price a complete set of glasses was cheaper than just buying the lenses so ended up with a complete new pair. So the price was around the same as it was 3 yrs. ago for just lenses. Good deal.
It took a week for them to come in and they are fine. What a difference they make, no more headaches or blurred vision, I must have been straining my eyes for awhile I guess without realizing it.
I was invited to one of the neighbors daughter in laws baby shower last night so attended that with Nancy and Irene. Lots of ladies, lots of beer and snacks and a show put on by the same female impersonators/ lip sync singers as at a couple of other showers. A good time was had by all. I wasn't sitting in the best spot for taking pictures of them; but here are a couple anyway.

































4 comments:

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

Glad to hear about your new glasses! And it looks like a great party!

Brenda said...

Linda: Yes, I am loving the new glasses, funny how a person doesn't realize the changes that happen slowly.
Party was fun as they usually are.

alecs, da web-mstr said...

Hello Sra Brenda,

Why are you not following my board?

Viva San Carlos

Email: vivasancarlos@gmail.com

Brenda said...

Hi Alecs. I do follow your board, I just do not often post because people are often very rude to the posters.
You are doing a good job of the board and there is lots of good information on it. Keep up the good work.