Friday, October 03, 2008

Meeting People Through The Blog

Quite often people email me through the blog. I have been writing to 2 different people in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada (wrap your tongue around that one). I have never met either one of these people; but I suggested to one of them that they should go and try out the mexican restaurant that the other one owns. He did and got to meet the other person that I email with. So I kind of introduced people 2 countries away and now they have met and I don't know either one of them in "real" life. Pretty amazing this internet.
Sometimes we do get to meet the people I write back to, last night was one of those times.
I have been emailing with M. and the other day she wrote to say that her and her mother were driving down from the USA to Navajoa and would we like to meet them when they spent the night in Guaymas. We agreed to meet at the plaza at the countdown clock last evening.
They arrived and we walked around the Plaza de Tres Presidentes and then wandered over to the Plaza de Pescador, where we got a good look at the pirate ship all lit up for the evening.
A blurry shot of the pirate ship.

We then wandered over to look at the things for sale at the Oaxacan booths and then we walked through the 13 de Julio park and sat down to chat. I thought that there was something going on in La Plaza de la Pistola so after awhile we decided to go and check it out. There wasn't much happening there other than a speech so we decided to go for coffee instead at the Sky Cafe. We sat and chatted until we decided it was time to head home. A nice evening with some great people and we hope to see them again. Hope they have a good time on the road today.
This evening we are invited to the landladys sisters grand-daughters quinceanera dance. I have been putting off getting a haircut for a week or more, just because I am lazy, so I guess today I will have to go and do that along with some errands uptown. Roy has decided to stay home where it is cool. Wonder why? It is 8:40 AM right now and the temperature says it is 27 C. (80F.) with 94% humidity and it feels like 32 C. (90F.). So by the time I am ready to go uptown it should feel like over 40C. (104F.) again I am sure. Wish it would hurry up and cool off a bit.

6 comments:

glorv1 said...

I know what you mean about meeting people through blogs on the internet. I personally haven't met anyone physically, but my friend YaYa and I have exchanged phone calls and gifts via mail. She lives in Texas. Memories for the real old age. Take care and glad you had a nice time with your new friends.

Vic Grace said...

The internet certainly has been a method of meeting new folk. There are a few in the Cariboo region that have connected which is neat. Without the internet they would never have met. 40C is a bit hot it is 11C here right now and it has been a bright sunny day.

Rusty in Miami said...

I agree, I can wait for the cooler weather; the weatherman is predicting cooler days next week.

Linda Lou said...

we live across the street from an old tequila factory (no longer working), the Rancho Colorado. Once in a while we get treated to quinceanera (from afar), as we sit under our portal we hear lots of beautiful mariachi music, laughter, and of course, a coronation type song.It is an event that lasts long into the night. How lucky you were to attend! I would love to hear more about it!

Islagringo said...

I love quincenera parties. They are so Mexican. Hope you got some good pictures! I've had the opportunity to meet quite a few people in person who read my blog. Kind of spooky how they know all about me and I nothing of them.

Brenda said...

Hi everyone. Yes, the internet can be a great place if used properly.
Yes, it is hot here; but we are hoping it will cool off a bit soon or at least that the humidity will go away.
The party was great, I didn't take too many pictures as no one else was and didn't want to look like a tourist lol. Will blog about it tomorrow.
I agree Wayne that it is spooky how much people know about us when we know very little about them.