Thursday, January 05, 2006

Perceptions

Perceptions
Tuesday night and Wednesday morning we had a gusty wind. Temperature was around 11 C.. Looking out the window I said to Roy that I felt sorry for the children walking to school. After thinking about it I realised that at home it would have been a fairly nice day in early summer, and we had a good laugh. It's funny how your perceptions change.
We went and walked around the market and then caught a bus to the hidden cove. The tide was fairly high and because there was more wind than usual the water was rougher. Apparently a local sardine fishing boat sunk; but the 9 fishermen were saved, thank goodness. We spent a couple of hours just sitting on some big rocks watchng the waves crash onto the shore. I was sittting on a large, flat rock, just barely in the water and wished that I had a pillow, as between the warm sun and the sound of the sea, I could have had a nice siesta. When I got too warm I would get down and walk around in the water for awhile to cool off. The sights and sounds of the waves crashing on the rocks, the spray rising into the air, the bright sun sparkling on the water, fantastic. A beautiful, peaceful, serene place away from the sights and sounds of the city. A wonderful way to spend the afternoon of the 4 th of January.

No comments: